Sunday, July 10, 2011

Guest Blog: Raine Delight

Today I have a guest blogger after my own heart. Raine Delight, a fellow Johnny Depp and JK Rowling lover, is joining me for an interview and to discuss her latest releases. Enjoy!

What is the best dirty joke you've ever heard?

A: Ok here it goes….

Two women friends had gone out for a Girls Night Out, and had been decidedly over-enthusiastic on the cocktails. Incredibly drunk and walking home they suddenly realized they both needed to pee. They were very near a graveyard and one of them suggested they do their business behind a headstone or something. The first woman had nothing to wipe with so she took off her panties, used them and threw them away. Her friend however was wearing an expensive underwear set and didn't want to ruin hers, but was lucky enough to salvage a large ribbon from a wreath that was on a grave and proceeded to wipe herself with it. After finishing, they made their way home.

The next day the first woman's husband phones the other husband and said, "These damn girls nights out have got to stop. My wife came home last night without her panties." "That's nothing," said the other. "Mine came back with a sympathy card stuck between the cheeks of her butt that said, 'From all of us at the Fire Station, Well never forget you!'
 
What book that you've written so far is your favorite or the most meaningful? Why?

A: I think it would have to be Fiery Magic, book 3 in my Devon Falls series. It dealt with pregnancy, lovers torn apart and it was the most emotional book I have written. Most of my Devon Falls books are fun, light, steamy reads but this one took me in a direction that hadme crying in a scene as I was writing it.

Another is a WIP I am writing now. It is an M/M story that started with me listening to a song and the most heartbreaking scene literally came to me right then and there. I was writing it till one in the morning. My beta reader said as she read it, she was bawling. :) Guess that means I did good. *laughs*

How did you come up with your pen name?

A: Actually my one writer friend suggested my pen first name and I came up with the last name.
What made you want to become a writer? How do you define a successful writer?
A: I actually didn’t know I had it in me. :) I read a few boring filled with TSTL characters that had me throwing up my hands in disgust when a friend dared me to see if I could do better. That one book is locked away, never to see the light of day it was that bad. After that, my muse gave me inspiration for Devon Falls and the rest is history.

Where do you find inspiration?

A: Actually it can be a news article, a picture, a song…anything can hit me in regards to a story idea. The key thing is to see if I can make a whole story around it.

Do you have a favorite place to write?

A: Since I can’t go far to write (have a desk top computer), I write in the living room either at night (during summer vacations) or during the day an bit here and there when I am not working the day job.

Do your stories tend to have a recurring theme? If so, what is it?

A: That love is universal and can hit anybody…be it a wolf shifter, witch or a regular joe. I want to convey that everyone deserves love even if they think they don’t.

What books and/or writers have inspired you?

A: J. K. Rowling has inspired me once I heard how she started out in the business. Granted I don’t think I will ever make the billions she has made but to hear she started writing Harry Potter on napkins, etc at local pub, made me realize anything can happen in this business.

Were your stories secret projects or were you able to be open with your family and friends about your writing?

A: My family and a few close friends think, wrongly at times, that being a writer means I get million dollar bonuses and that it’s one of those jobs where if they hold their hand out I will slap them with some green. *sighs* unfortunately that isn’t the case and they haven’t supported me in this. I got lucky, though, with my DH being wonderfully supportive and always rooting for me to succeed. That helps make up for the lack of interest in my writing career.

Do you have any weird writing habits?

A: Actually no I don’t unless you count me eating red licorice bites while I write. :)

What advice would you give to any aspiring writers that might be reading this?

A: Don’t give up and yes rejection sucks but you can move on and find a new place for your "baby". Persevere and keep writing. :)





Devon Falls: Fiery Magic
Book 3
Paranormal/Dragon Shifter Sensual Romance
Secret Cravings Publishing
http://www.secretcravingspublishing.com/
Release date TBA

Tagline: Can Damien Dracon find a way to win back his mate before all is lost?

Damien Dracon is back in Devon Falls, and he is about to woo the one lady he left three years ago. Family secrets and youthful pride forced him to give up the one good thing in his life: the love of Alicia Stevens. What he doesn't expect is that Alicia has a secret of her own, and it may just tear them apart. Can two former lovers find it in themselves to forgive one another and let love grow between them? Or will past secrets haunt them and tear them apart?






Devon Falls 4: Haunting Magic Book 4
Paranormal/Wolf Shifter
Secret Cravings Publishing
http://www.secretcravingspublishing.com/
Release date TBA

Tagline: Can a wolf shifter find his mate before Halloween or will he be a lone wolf forever?

Rodrick Dracon is the twin heir to the Dragon Inn. When he finds himself longing for a mate after being footloose and fancy free, he finds himself drawn to the most obnoxious, brassy woman he has ever met: Jaxon Sinclair. She is the one woman who doesn't melt when he goes by or hangs on his every word. She is just aggravating and down right sexy as sin! Soon the sparks fly, passion goes into boiling and Halloween approaches. Can this wolf shifter get this woman to heel before the full moon? Will Jax turn the tables on this ladies man and tame the wolf?

Bio

Raine Delight loves to be pampered by her harem of men that exist solely for her pleasure. Wait…..that was in a movie she saw. Hey, she can dream. :) Raine loves to fight with her muse, attack her manuscripts and find a way to silence the many voices in her head. Inspiration hits at odd times and for Raine, a blank word document page gives her many possibilities on story ideas. Living with her two kids, a significant other who supports her every move in writing and doesn’t mind that she talks about her books like they are real people and doesn’t seem to mind she gets up at 2 am to type away on the computer. With a love for Johnny Depp, movies and 80’s hair bands, Raine finds a way to bring all her chaotic thoughts into a story that tells her readers about love and romance.

Website: http://authorrainedelight.com/

Raine’s Blog: http://authorrainedelight.wordpress.com/

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Raine_Delight

Author/Reader Loop: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Author_Raine_Delight

Email me: rainedelight@yahoo.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/AuthorRaine-Delight

Shadowfire Press: http://www.shadowfirepress.com/

Secret Cravings Publishing: http://www.secretcravingspublishing.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment